IADR Distinguished Scientist Award
Online Submission Site Now Closed
Nominations will accepted for 2018 Awards in May 2017.
Please note: Add ‘email@example.com’ to your safe sender email list so you don’t miss any notifications. You must first ‘Sign Up’ to register an account to begin your application. If you submitted an application last year, you already have an account. If you forgot your password, click “Trouble Signing In?” on the log in page.
The Science Awards Committee has the responsibility of selecting awardees from among the nominations of renowned scientists submitted by Association members. The Committee consists of the Science Awards chair and the subcommittee chair for each award. The subcommittee members are composed of the previous award recipients. Appointments are made annually for a period of five years on a rotation basis. Any IADR member may nominate a candidate for a science award. Once a nomination is made, it is considered each year for five years unless the nominee is selected for an award during this period. After the fifth year, the nomination is withdrawn unless a re-nomination is received.
- Science Awards subcommittees are composed of previous winners of the awards; therefore, subcommittee members may not be nominated again for the same award. Members of Science Awards subcommittees may be nominated by another subcommittee. Subcommittee members who have been appointed by the IADR President-elect and who have not already received their subcommittee's award may be nominated for any award; however, appointees must resign if nominated for the award of the subcommittee on which they currently serve.
- ONLY IADR members may be nominated.
- Posthumous nominations are not acceptable.
- Nomination of an individual for more than one award in the same year is discouraged.
- No person should be awarded two IADR Science Awards for the same research, with the exception of the Edward H. Hatton and Young Investigator Awards. Any nominations for a second award must include written evidence that the nomination is for work in a different field of research.
- Nomination of members of the IADR Board of Directors is not allowed. If a new member of the IADR Board is a nominee, their nomination will be suspended for the period of their service on the Board.
- All nominations made within the past five years must be reconsidered in the current selection unless the nominee was selected for an award.
Any IADR member may nominate a candidate for a science award. All nominations must be submitted via the online system.
The following information MUST accompany each nomination and submitted electronically.
Only nominations submitted online will be accepted.
1. Nomination Reason (no more than 2 pages) describing the reasons you are nominating the individual for the particular award; and
2. Curriculum vitae (no more than 10 pages)
- date and place of birth,
- membership in professional organizations,
- bibliography, and
- summary of specific scientific contributions of the candidate.
The award consists of a $3,500 monetary prize and a plaque presented at Opening Ceremonies of the IADR General Session & Exhibition.
- Award in Geriatric Oral Research
- Basic Research in Biological Mineralization Award
- Basic Research in Periodontal Disease Award
- Behavioral, Epidemiologic and Health Services Research Award
- Craniofacial Biology Research Award
- Global Oral Health Research Award
- H. Trendley Dean Memorial Award
- Isaac Schour Memorial Award
- Oral Medicine & Pathology Research Award
- Pharmacology/Therapeutics/Toxicology Research Award
- Pulp Biology and Regeneration Award
- Research in Dental Caries Award
- Research in Oral Biology Award
- Research in Prosthodontics and Implants Award
- Salivary Research Award
- Wilmer Souder Award
- Young Investigator Award